Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Power of Being A Mom

I always thought, but now I totally know, that moms have super powers.

Not like flying or x-ray vision or crazy strength, but like, the ability to exist on 3 hour increments of sleep, remove milk stains from black clothing and make a full meal out of any random crap in the fridge and pantry.

I kid you not, I only learned how to do that when I had Aubrey. I'm not sure what it was, but some magic switch just went on and now I have the ability to see a meal when before I saw random ingredients.

Last night I was cooking artichokes and tilapia, and Husband came home starving. With 40 minutes until dinner was done, what's a lady to do?

I thought about ignoring it, but his growling stomach was so loud I was afraid it might break the freaking sound barrier.

I looked in the fridge and bam! I felt like Shawn Spencer from Psych, random things popping out and me.

So I made two amazing apps!

Stuffed Tomato:
Scoop out the seeds and inside, mix with diced cucumber and cottage cheese, place the mixture back inside.

Cucumber Boats:
Scoop out the seeds and make a canoe, placed diced tomato on top
and sprinkle with Italian dressing.

So, so good. And more importantly, so, so easy for lazy ol' me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!