Saturday, January 19, 2013

That's what it feels like to use your brain!

As a SAHM to a one year old I don't often get to use my brain. We're not having deep conversations, and she's not yet asking probing questions about life's mysteries.

My days are spent describing mundane objects and situations in as much detail as possible.

It's fun, and seriously my greatest honor, but it's hardly a workout for my brain!

So when a lady on my birth board asked for help writing a poem in the style of Seuss for her child's first birthday I jumped at the chance to use my noggin!

She's having the guests write notes for a time capsule she'll give to her daughter on her 18th birthday. Can you imagine how cool that will be for her daughter?! So sweet!

I wrote the following poem in less than 10 minutes.

Oh me! Oh my! Oh what fun!
Little Mac's officially one!

Please take a card and fill it out,
and share with Mac what life's all about!

A wish, a dream, or some advice,
Share what you will, but keep it nice!

We'll give them to Mac when she turns eighteen,
so mean what you say and say what you mean!


I'm pretty awesome, right?! You can tell me, it's cool. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!