Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 6 The Vegan Experiment

I can't believe this week is almost up already! How is this already day 6?!

Pete works at his office on Mondays, so I got to make him lunch today. I made him Thai Lettuce Wraps with Cashew Peanut Sauce.
He said it was really good, but was more of a salad than a wrap. I'm not sure if it was because it had to survive a commute plus a few hours in the fridge before lunch, or if it would always better suited as a salad. We'll have to try it on a weekend when he can eat it immediately to see. Either way, he said he would like it again!

Bree and I had lunch too. Obvs. We had cantaloupe, red grapes, cherry tomatoes and a tofurky sandwich on rudis bakery bread. She loved the bread and even asked for more, which never happens!

Dinner was Crusted tofu with couscous, kale and red pepper hummus sauce. I tasted the tofu, which was crusted with ground flax meal and chili powder, and it was good,
but I opted out of eating more for dinner. It was still awesome, a little tangy, a little sweet.

We all liked it! I've been pretty surprised at how good all our meals have been. There hasn't been anything we haven't liked.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!