Friday, August 30, 2013

Sleep Regression Suckage

Ahhh, the dreaded 18 month old sleep regression. 

It's been hitting us hard here for the past two weeks.  Part of me is happy that it's happening now before baby brother arrives, so I am not wrongly attributing it to jealousy. Knowing it's related to a normal developmental leap makes the total lack of sleep a bit easier to deal with, most nights at least!

It's really the most serious regression we've had to deal with yet, or at least it feels that way.   Bree and I bed shared until about 15 months, and between night nursing and sharing the same space, the others were barely noticeable.

At 15 months she decided she wanted her own space, and easily transitioned into her crib.  She goes to bed at 7:30 or 8:00, and she's to sleep until 7am or so.

Normally.

Now we're up every hour, screaming our heads off.  I learned recently that this regression TYPICALLY lasts 2-6 weeks. 
Just in time to have a brand new, crying baby. 

Pretty sure I may just never sleep again.  I'm planning on picking up some
coral lipgloss and sweet shades so no one notices how tired I really am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!