Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Is this real life?


Y'all!  Gather 'round while I tell you a story.  It's a story so great it's almost unbelievable.  I wouldn't believe it if I didn't experience it personally. 

My newborn just slept for 5 hours straight.

Five hours and 11 minutes to be exact. 

That's like 1/4 of the lifespan of a mayfly. A non-stop flight to LAX.  A marathon finish with time for water and bananas and bathroom breaks**.  Enough time to consume, then crash, after an energy drink. 

Five entire hours. 

I'm like a new person here!  

It's like he thought, "Three weeks ago, this mom lady got poked in her spine 15 times and sliced and diced for me, so I'll let her get a few hours of sleep tonight."

Sweet, baby boy. Sweet.  You are worth every second of sleep deprivation and then some.  Seriously!




** (I'm not down with peeing my self on purpose!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!