Tuesday, November 19, 2013

<Insert Baking Pun Title Here>


I'm a decent cook.

 I can follow a recipe like no one's business, and I can usually make substitutions and whip up something good with whatever I have on hand.  I'm not like "Master Chef" material, but I could have people over for dinner and not need to order pizza. 

I'm a terrible baker though. 

I don't know how or why, though I'm secretly sure it's a gift from the universe so that I don't weigh 946 pounds.

I heard a recipe while listening to The Mom Podcast that really intrigued me. 

Perfect Protein Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. 

Made with white (or great northern) beans in place of butter. 

Say what now?  Beans? In a cookie?

I had all the ingredients on hand so I made them. And they were delish. 

I've made them like four times in four weeks. They are so good!  You can't taste the beans at all.  

 It's not a super sweet cookie, but it's amazing.  I've given the recipe to a few others and they all love them as well.

I'd love to know what you think if you try them. 

     The wet ingredients:  beans with can
      juice, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla 
      extract. 
 Recipe courtesy of The Mom Podcast


1 15 oz can white beans, with can juice
1 1/2 c brown sugar
3 eggs
1 T vanilla extract
1 T cinnamon
3 c whole wheat flour
3c oatmeal
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350
Add beans (with can juice, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, blend. 

Mix all dry ingredients except chocolate chips.  Pour wet into dry and mix well. 
Add chocolate chips and bake. 



Simple, right?  I love these cookies so much I just want to share them with everyone!  So if you see some weird lady accosting random strangers and force feeding them cookies, come say what up. I'd love to talk to you. The Mom Podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!