Monday, November 11, 2013

Home.

It's official that we are now NJ residents again!  It's a bit surreal after being away for over ten years, so much has changed that it's almost like learning a new place all over again. 

We both grew up in Jersey, just a town over from one another.  We're living in an amazing house that is essentially our dream home.

Fenced rear yard. Nice kitchen with an island. U-shaped driveway. Playroom that can be seen from the kitchen.  Bedrooms  close enough so we can see kids. Huge dining room with built-ins. A living room with vaulted ceilings.  It's amazing. 

The only thing better than the house is that our kids will get to grow up with their families nearby. They will know their cousins, aunts and uncles.  Their memories will include the people and places that were special to us as children.  That's pretty incredible. 

I'm feeling truly blessed.  After six plus moves, I didn't think I'd ever be able to feel at home again, that as an adult maybe it's just not possible, but it is. I have found it.  

We're home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!