Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yarn Wreath Request


After posting this image on facebook, a friend asked if I would share how I made the wreath.

Being such a novice crafter, I haven't even thought of attempting anything without an amazing tutorial found on other blogs. This wreath was a combination of two tutorials from blogs I love.

Danielle from Take Heart posted my favorite of all the yarn wreath tutorials. It was easy enough that even I could follow it! And it had pictures. Lots of pictures.

It's also where I learned to make the felt flowers on the other wreaths I've posted. I was obsessed with making those flowers for a few months. They are so stinking cute!

I followed that tutorial on every wreath I made for everyone else. Then I saw the amazing Felt Flower Pillow that Mallory made over on Classy Clutter. I couldn't get it out of my head for days!

Even though I loved the other felt flowers, I wanted something a bit different for my own.
About halfway down the page you'll see how she made the centers of the flowers, along with photos showing you exactly what to do. I followed those steps and used my hot glue gun to attach three-four pieces together to form the flowers on my wreath.

And there you have it! It was an easy-peasy project, and one of my favorites to date!


**** Even though the tutorial was incredibly helpful, I still managed to make a mess out of that amazing felt flower pillow. I don't want to scare anyone away just yet with my photos, so maybe I'll post them at a later date.

If you're like me and still love and want the pillow, but can't swing it yourself, head on over to her Etsy Shop HeartFelt Designs by Mallory to snag one of the gorgeous pillows for just $25 beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!