Sunday, February 27, 2011

I think I can, I think I can.

Like every single other project I've attempted, I can't take any credit for this bright idea. (Get it, bright because it's a light? Ha!)

I've had this project in my "To Try" files for a long time.

The amazingly talented Nichole at Parlour made it for her beautiful dining room at her previous home, and I was in major L-O-V-E from the moment I first laid eyes on it! I mean, how could anyone not instantly love it? Impossible, I say!

I know, you're dying to see the picture, but first a quick project breakdown:

A paper lantern
Coffee Filters
Glue Sticks
Glue Gun

Using the glue sticks and glue gun, attach coffee filters to transform a plain ole paper lantern into one of the most beautiful things on the planet.

That's it. Genius!

















PLUS


















PLUS

















Will turn into this work of art:






















via Parlour

(Not that there would be any confusion, that room is much too pretty to belong to me!)


So that's the plan. I'm excited about this one, I think it's something I can actually do!

Regardless of how it turns out, I promise to post pictures when it's complete. That's the whole fun of this blog for me, learning and growing and becoming a better crafter.

And the best part is, I have all those supplies on hand so it's not costing me a single penny to complete and I won't beat myself up if mine doesn't turn out so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!