So imagine my excitement when I found an email from Jessica Lauren at Copy Cat Crafter:
Confession: Jessica Lauren posted a few of her projects on a linky party, and I commented on them without realizing I was on the same blog. I just got so inspired by her amazing creativity, after I clicked on the second one, I was like "Hold up, I already followed this blog!"
Click those links above, people. The lady has skills! Serious, amazing, creative skills, go be inspired and then come back here.
Thank you so, so much Jessica Lauren! I'm totally honored and super excited! You pretty much made my day, possibly my whole life!
The tasks from the award are to:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
- Tell us seven things about yourself.
- Pass along the award to 6 newly discovered bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.
1. I hate the sound of crickets. Seriously, more than anything else in my life, hate. It just gets stuck in my head and I can't think about anything else aside from that sound. I'm a bit nervous to put this on the internet for all to see, because I fear if I'm ever kidnapped or in charge of some important secret that will save the world my captors will know to torture me with the sound of crickets. Or maybe someday some cricket who I've offended will find this, and my house will be invaded by said cricket and all his cricket friends seeking revenge.
I'm only half kidding. I'm getting all creeped out and distracted right now, and there aren't any crickets! Ok, ok, moving on...
2. I use the following words far too frequently: absolutely, perfect, awesome, for sure, totally, adore. Way too often.
3. I'm really word-y and verbose when I type. I need a character limit installed in my brain. I know, you're totally shocked and couldn't tell, right?
4. I am insanely curious about other peoples lives. I want to know every thing about every one I meet within the first 10 minutes of knowing them. It blows my mind that I will never know what another persons life is like to live, their thoughts, relationships, experiences...I'll never get to live that, and hearing their story is as close as I'll ever get.
5. In turn, I am a chronic over-sharer. I think other people want to know as much about me as I want to know about them. Come to think of it, maybe that's part of my wordiness.
6. I'm married to my high school sweetheart. He's my favorite person on the planet, the funniest man I know, and I'm constantly in awe of his ability to make every person we meet love him. He's just totally amazing, and I'm thankful every day that I get to call him mine!
7. I'm a super happy person. If I'm feeling sad or upset or angry, I kick on a total tear-jerker of a movie, and let it all out. Works every time! I'm super quick to forgive, mostly because I forget insanely quickly why I was upset at someone. Combine those with a job I love, amazing people in my life, a ton of love and support and you've got the perfect equation for a super happy person.
I've found the following bloggers recently and started following them, hopefully they'll be just as excited and not think I am some crazy stalker blogger, since the first comment I leave some of them will be about this award. I'm not quite up on all this blog etiquette just yet, so I really hope this isn't too weird. I don't want to be exiled to the land of crazy bloggers.
Cookie Cutter Chic
I just love her picture frame clock, and there's an amazing tutorial!
the SUNSET LANE
Kari's painted stairs are one of my favorite things ever. Come on up!
Tales of a Trophy Wife
Check out her "Awesome Blossom" project and feel free to stock up on all those long sleeve shirts on clearance you know you were going to buy anyway.
The Coconut Life
Peep her bedroom and you'll hear the ocean. No shell to the ear, required.
Cheerful Heart Mom
Who turned a cereal box into a beautiful organizer for kitchen wraps.
Of Pinks and Fairy Tales
I adore her disc sunburst mirror. I'm also obsessed with her Anthro-inspired "Swooping Loops" bow earrings. So cute.
I also want to give a quick shout-out to Libby at A Perfectly Crazy Life who transformed a free curbside changing table into a piece that belongs in show rooms and magazines. I saw you were already tagged, but I just love your blog and gain so much inspiration, I had to include you!
Thanks to Jessica Lauren for thinking of me, and all of you in blogland for inspiring me!
(That's the dolphin noise!)