Monday, April 25, 2011

If you liked it, then you should have put a bird on it...

(Sorry to get "Single Ladies" stuck in your head, but it's been in mine all day and I'm a firm believer the only way to get it out of my head is to give it to another person!)

What is it with birds in blogland? One day we all woke up and just agreed that the way to make anything better is to put a bird on it? Where did it start? When will it end?

Hopefully not too soon, because I have two bird related projects in the works!

I used modge podge for the first time, and it was a success! I managed to not ruin what I was working with, although it was a little sticky (I'm weak, I can't resist a pun) for a bit, it dried just perfectly!

Curious why I finally got around to using Modge Podge?

Becca at Blue Cricket Design has a tutorial for Pretty Bird Wall Art. Have you seen it yet? It's one of the coolest projects ever!

I finished the book part, but have yet to tackle the drawing of the birds. I'm a wee bit freaked out that I'm going to mess up, so I'm putting it off until I have the time to really concentrate on it.

I had to get pictures printed, and had some leftover free prints so I had CVS print up the birds I'm planning on using as a template.




Adorable and totally free, since I had the other supplies on hand.

I was just "Ehhhh" about the frame and yarn before, but once I strung a piece across and clipped the birds on I was all "Aww!"

What do you think about blogland's current love of birds? Love it? Wish it would just go away? Have you done any projects that incorporate birds? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I'm linking up for the first time at Debbiedoo's Newbie Party! Come join us!



5 comments:

  1. Hey there Michelle, I'm hopping over from Debbie's Newbie party and think the name of your blog is hilarious! I'm going to be following you just to see what you say next ;) And it does seem very Hitchcock-ian that The Birds have taken over blogland...I don't have anything in the works, but that may change at any moment.

    Jill at JunkyVagabond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday Michelle~

    Thanks for passing "Single Ladies" on to me. :) Happy to be a new follower of your fun blog. I agree birds have taken over blogs & your idea is pretty cool too!! I invite you to share your creativeness with my followers, please link to my blog bash K.I.S.S. :)

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds are big right now. And I admit I have a few bird related items in my bedroom :O) I just wanted to say thanks for following me and I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds never go out of style that's for sure. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ladies are amazing! Amazing! Thanks for commenting, and following and being awesomely amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!