Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the gallery wall.

Yeah, I totally made that. On my own. Without a tutorial.

Late last night I got the crafting bug, and pulled out some of my stash. (Side note: I just had to google stash to make sure I was spelling it correctly. I think that's the first time I've ever typed it!)

Here's what I came up with. On my own. Without a tutorial. Yeah, I'm quite proud of myself!


Supplies I used:

Printer Paper
Circle Punch (1")
Cardboard
Mirror w/hanger
Craft Clue
Hot Glue/Gun

I have a box of circle mirrors from Target that I'm not using, so I used one of the smaller sized ones, along with the cardboard that it was packed in.

I started by gluing the circles around the outside of the cardboard, and worked my way around in a circular motion until I reached the center. If I was doing it again, I'd lay it out first and pay attention to the numbers so it was totally balanced. But I'm a lazy novice crafter, and even if I thought of that before gluing, chances are good I still wouldn't have done that.

After I had the circles glued to the cardboard I pried the hanger off the back of the mirror using a butter knife. I glued the mirror right on top of the paper circles, and the hanger right to the back of the cardboard.

Super easy and it looks adorable! It's hanging up now on the gallery wall, but it's so dark and dreary outside the photos won't do it justice.

Ah, what the heck, I'll take a better photo another day...I am way too excited to not share this right now!


Total Cost: $0.00

Update:

I'm participating in my very first linky party ever! Stephanie's $0 Budget Party over at Full of Great Ideas!



Check out Stephanie's totally amazing headboard makeover, and all the other totally free projects, here. Now these are ladies after my own heart!


And I also decided to get over my nerves, and am linking up over at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Fridays!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!I love it! It's always exciting to come up with stuff on your own! I love the colors in your living room too! Can't wait to see it completed...I totally get that whole starting something and then moving onto another project without being done (and yes I realize I just combined comments for several of your posts into one)! I'm a new follower of yours now, thanks for checking out my projects and leaving such sweet comments!
    ~*Jessica Lauren @
    http://copy-cat-crafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't $0 decorating fun and challenging. Sure makes us think outside the box. I love that you came up with your project. Well done! :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!