Monday, September 17, 2012

My people.

I went to a Holistic Moms Network meeting this past weekend. It was a lot of the same moms as in my baby wearing group.

It felt like home. Is that corny? I know it is, but it's true.

Before Aubrey, my life consisted of drinking too much and the "greenest" thing I did was using reusable bags.
Then I got pregnant, and became almost hyper aware. Literally overnight, I started making my own cleaning products and researching cloth diapers. Buying local and organic. Avoiding processed foods and GMOs when possible. I was babywearing, and breastfeeding, and cosleeping. I felt a bond to all the mothers before me, and a duty to my child to leave her an earth and life that would allow her to have that same experience.

I never thought this is the person I would be. Never saw it coming. I am just doing what feels natural to me, knowing it's not what most others are doing.

But, I'm really excited to have found "my people!" I'm excited to learn more and hopefully become more holistic. I have a lot to learn, but I feel like Aubrey deserves it and I owe it to her.

I don't think I'll ever give up meat or dairy, but if I can make small changes to give her a better life I have to do that!

Girl is as cute as they come, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!